Shamanic Healing Ceremonies
Adam is currently not able to take on new clients in NJ - please CLICK HERE for more information
- Treats the spiritual causes of illness and imbalance so that healing can happen on a physical, mental, and emotional level
- Exposes a person directly to the healing power of the spirits
- Creates balance by restoring lost energy and removing intrusive or harmful energy
- Establishes a stronger bond between you and your helping spirits and guides
A Shamanic Healing Ceremony is a healing technique which encompasses many healing tools. It facilitates healing on physical, mental, and emotional levels for a client. It's important to remember that Shamanic Healing Ceremonies are a catalyst for healing and not a cure by themselves, just as I am a facilitator for healing and not a "healer". When I conduct a Shamanic Healing Ceremony I connect with the healing spirits and the spirit worlds on behalf of my client and bring these influences in for the "doctoring" of the clients soul. It is also through this process that harmful energy can be removed from a client and that missing energies can be returned to a client. This creates a balanced environment within a clients body so that true healing can happen.
The healing process that results from a Shamanic Healing Ceremony can manifest in many ways. A client may simply start healing naturally as their body restores itself in balance, they may find themselves feeling calmer or more mentally clear so that they can help themselves more effectively, or they may find or see opportunities that were missed previously (such as the right physician, medication, or therapist suddenly presenting themself). The way healing manifests itself isn't important- what matters is that healing CAN happen once balance is restored to an individual.
It is also important to note that Shamanic Healing Ceremonies supplement western medicine, therapy, and modern medical practices. A Shamanic Healing Ceremony is not a replacement for medical or psychological treatment and it does not conflict with such treatment. Therefore Shamanic Healing Ceremonies, modern medicine, and psychological counseling can all work together to treat a person on all levels. Shamanic Healing Ceremonies are also a spiritual, and not a religious, practice. So it can work together with almost anyone's personal belief system.
What to expect during a healing ceremony
I spend time in preparation before a client arrives. This involves prayer work, meditation, and most often includes divination practices where I ask the spirits for guidance on the nature of the healing that a client needs. I perform this divination before sitting with a client so that I do not loose objectivity.
At the beginning of a session I sit with a client and review what the spirits have brought to my attention. There is then time for us to converse about this. We often spend time with some spiritual counseling, life coaching, and bringing the client conscious to the areas that need attention or require shifts within their life.
After this we move into the ceremonial work. Most ceremonial work is done with the client laying on a massage table. Sessions are performed fully clothed. I start each session with the burning of sage and cedar to clear the space and surface energy. I then work with some rattling and spirit calling whistles to call in the healing spirits. Very often the Sacred Pipe Ceremony (see below) is done to put the prayers for healing and blessing of the client out to the spirit worlds in a strong way. After that, every session is different. I take a step back from myself so that the healing spirits can take a step forward and work through me. The spirits do the work that is needed, not the work that we intellectually ask for. Some of the healings that may take place are listed below.
The ceremonial work usually last for about an hour. Afterwards we have time to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have from the ceremonial work or to share any experiences.
The Types of healings that are incorporated into a ceremony
- The Sacred Pipe- This is one of the most sacred items and rituals of indigenous North America. Different nations have different stories, but all agree that at a time of suffering a spirit being came into our world and delivered the first Sacred Pipe. They taught the first nation people how to restore harmony with the pipe. From that time on the Sacred Pipe has always been a bridge between our worlds to carry prayers. In my experience the Sacred Pipe brings a great deal of power to a healing session. The spirits come forth with the pipe in a way that is very humbling to witness and often brings people to tears and deep gratitude.
- Spirit Channeling- This is a very common part of my practice. I work with taking a step back from myself so that the healing spirits can take a step forward and work through me. By letting the healing spirits inhabit me they are able to come into direct contact with a client offering healing, nurturing, compassion, and soothing comfort. The spirits will often bring their medicine through healing songs that are then sung directly to the client.
- Limpia- This is a purification technique to cleanse a persons energy and aura. We most commonly work with a fan of dried leaves from the jungle called a chacapa. The leaves are shaken like a rattle and used to sweep a person down, drawing harmful energy away from them as this is done. The process is commonly accompanied by challay, which is the ritual spraying of a person with flower waters. Sometimes eggs are also used in this process to draw illness from the body into the eggs- which are then burned or buried after the ceremony.
- Extraction Healing- Through our lives and our daily contact with the physical world we are bombarded by energies and thoughts that do not belong to us. These energies can attach themselves and take up residence in our being. This foreign energy can then create blockages and imbalance that leads to physical illness, emotional blockages, and a lack on mental clarity. Through the process of Extraction Healing I connect to my helping spirits and scan a person on an energetic/spirit level to detect where these energy intrusions reside. I then let my helping spirits draw out these energy intrusions from a person so that they can be returned back to the universe and go where they are needed.
- Drum and Rattle Doctoring- The soul doctoring spirits will often come through the vibrations of the drums and rattles to heal a person. The vibrations of these instruments break up dense energy and carry power from the spirit world into this one.
- Khuya Rumi- Roughly translated into "impassioned stone" or "stone of love", this is a technique from Peruvian shamanism that works with healing stones that have been awakened to radiate spiritual medicine. The khuya stones are placed on a client and prayed with to infuse their healing into the client. Some of these stones have been collected from very sacred sites in North, Central, and South America and then awakened by myself. While other khuya stones that I work with have come from Lake Titicaca in Peru and been passed down from medicine person to medicine person, being worked with for healing by several generations.
- Chumpi (Apu) Stone Healing- The word Chumpi translated in the "Quechua" language to the word Belt. The word "Apu" refers to spirits of the sacred mountains in Peru. In Peru, a Curandero or Chumpi master uses these very unique healing stones to create what is called the "bands of power" around a person. This process can create bands of protection around a person to shield them from any unwanted energy they may encounter during their daily life. Chumpi stones are also used in balancing and clearing a person's energy centers. The healing power of the Apu (mountain) Spirits also helps is grounding, stabilizing, and fortifying a person's energy. We work with Chumpi sets made of meteorite and alabaster that were attuned to us by a Q'ero (traditional Andean shaman) while we were visiting the Peruvian Andes.
- Power Animal Retrieval- Everyone has helping spirits and guides. One form of guide is a person's Power Animal, which is a spirit guide and protector in the form of an animal. Power Animals are also referred to as Totems, or a Nagual in some traditions. Our Power Animal is our main guide and spiritual ally and if a person is not connected to their Power Animal they may suffer from a loss of energy, a weakened immune system, a sense of loneliness, and a lack of personal power. The process of Power Animal Retrieval is a technique where I send my consciousness to the spirit worlds while drumming or rattling on behalf of my client. I then work with my spirit helpers to track down a person's Power Animal and return that energy to the client. This can also be done for a client who is already connected to their Power Animal but needs that connection and energy reactivated.
- Soul Retrieval- This is a process of returning fragmented, stifled, or "lost" aspects of a person to them to restore wholeness of the soul. Through trauma, extended neglect, or mistreatment we may suffer from what is known as Susto or Soul Loss. This is a sense of feeling like part of us is missing or no longer accessible. We may feel "dead" or "numb" inside, apathetic about life, or as if we are a passenger in our own body. Through Soul Retrieval a shaman enters a trance state to find these missing or fragmented parts of the soul and return them to a client with the aid of the healing spirits.
- Divination- This is the process of asking the spirits for guidance on behalf of a person. This is not "predictive" work to be used for "what will happen" questions. Instead it is worked with to gain guidance into what a person needs for healing and what shifts or changes they need to make to live a healthier and more joyful life. I most commonly work with candle divination, drum divination, throwing of bones, or Mayan Day Keeping.
Scheduling a Shamanic Healing Ceremony
- A Shamanic Healing Ceremony typically lasts about 2 hours.
- The fee for a Shamanic Healing Ceremony is currently $120.
- A Shamanic Healing Ceremony is a healing partnership between myself and my clients. A great deal of work happens during the session but you may be given exercises and techniques to do on your own as well. Before scheduling an appointment make sure that you are truly ready and committed to work toward your own healing on a physical, mental, and emotional level.
- Shamanic Healing Ceremonies are done in my home in Eatontown, New Jersey
- Contact me with questions about Shamanic Healing Ceremonies. Via phone at 732-859-7386 or email at email@example.com
Schedule an Appointment:
Adam is currently not able to take on new clients in NJ - please CLICK HERE for more information
Via Phone: call Adam at 732-859-7386